Pages

Monday, January 12, 2026

Peacock Band Sampler update!

I've already reached my goal on Peacock Band Sampler for this month! Exceeded it, actually, by doing a full repeat of Jessica stitches instead of just filling one enclosed section.

 
Somehow the Jessica stitches were much less annoying than usual. Absence really makes the heart grow fonder, I guess. :p

I even felt like I could do MORE of them, but I held off to avoid getting burned out again.

And here's a closeup of the purple fill because it is SO NICE.

The darkest color was waaaay too dark (almost black! could barely tell it was meant to be purple) so I swapped it for a HDF silk from my stash. This had the added bonus of insanely good stitch definition. Seriously, zoom in on that picture, the lines are CRISP. The Fiberlicious silks in the kit are quite frizzy in comparison (which makes them tangle and knot constantly) but HDF is always so smooth.

I look forward to doing more of these eight pointed stars because they are sooo nice. But first it's time for a little break so I can start Catstronaut! I found a great dark navy blue to use for the background and even the dark colors pop on it, so it's ready to go. :) 

2 comments:

The Crafty Princess said...

I take my hat off to stitcher like yourself that can stitch specialty stitches. I have a few kits ready to go but haven't worked up the courage. Good call changing your floss that looks stunning!
x Alicia

Rahenna said...

You can do it! Most kits have really good diagrams and instructions, and there's always video tutorials to help out. It took me a long time to learn how to make a "perfect" Jessica stitch (can't see where it begins or ends) and videos were a big help. :)