Pages

Monday, January 05, 2026

2026 goals (bonus January goals!)

Here we go again. Happy new year or whatever. 🎉

In an effort to retain what little remains of my sanity, let's set some goals for the year. As a bonus, I'll include my January goals here as well. In fact, let's start with those.

  • frame my sister's birthday present and send it to her ON TIME
  • one section of Jessica stitches on Peacock Band Sampler
  • one section of central band fills on Peacock Band Sampler
  • start a small (probably Catstronaut)
  • 100% no buy of any stitching stuff 

Here's Peacock Band Sampler as it stands today. Well, almost? I already finished the light blue stitching between the satin stitch parts of the huge band, but I guess this picture is a tiny bit older than that. Anyway, I want to fill in the two areas circled in yellow.

And this is the Catstronaut. The light blue fabric is cute, but I wonder if it would look as good on darker fabric to give it more of an outer space vibe. I think the colors are light/vibrant enough to stand out on a dark blue but I might have to tweak a few things.

Alright, good stuff. Now for the year-long goals, mostly copied from last year.

  • no large starts until one is finished
  • start and finish as many small projects as I want
  • sell all finished/destashed charts
  • low buy of charts/materials

And more detailed goals for specific WIPs: 

  • Amethyste Band Sampler: complete part 1 (of 3)
  • Chinese Garden Mandala: complete one side
  • Raven Queen: finish 
  • Rosarium: complete center
  • Peacock Band Sampler: finish Jessica and central bands, then as much of the rest as I like!
  • Violet Patch Mandala: complete SE corner, E violet, redo some border colors

I think that's pretty good. Time to go make some Jessica stitches... 

No comments: