Pages

Monday, May 11, 2026

Peacock Band Sampler - getting close!

It's been a while since I took a photo of Peacock Band Sampler. The last update was the center band and the narrow one just below it. Since then, I've added three more and started a fourth. :)


These have been relatively easy going, especially compared to the Jessica stitch nightmare on the top half. The wide blue band with the satin stitch hearts was a little boring, and I'm not sure if I want to add the little partial heart nubs at the corners. I did one at the bottom right corner of the band but I still don't know if I like it. There's still a parked thread in case I decide to do it. :)

The narrow band under that went fast, and then the wide green one took... a while. Too long, honestly, with just under 2/3 done when I sat down to stitch today. I was determined to power through and get it done, and it took about 2.5 hours, but it's done! I had to substitute a different thread for the specialty stitches because the two greens were impossible to tell apart. They worked better on the top half band where they were paired, probably because the specialty stitches were bigger/denser.

There's a little start on the next band from when my attention started to wander last week. Well, now I can give this new one my full attention instead of using it to avoid the wide one!

Only three bands left, including this barely started one! :3 

No comments: