Wednesday, January 19, 2022

A Very Late Happy New Year!

Hello everyone! I haven't posted in about 2.5 months, yikes! I got caught up in the excitement of preparing for the No New Starts group on FB and haven't crossposted my projects and updates here. This will be a long post with lots of pictures so buckle up. :3

I settled on the strict version of No New Starts which means just that - no starts in 2022 for any reason, not even to replace finished WIPs or a new year new start, etc. However, I didn't want to be locked into my relatively small WIP list for the entire year, so December was spent in a flurry of new starts in order to have enough projects ready to go for 2022!

Here is my NNS list. Project titles shaded in grey are my original 2021 WIPs, and the others are all new starts from December. Lots of Chatelaine, Owlforest, and Mirabilia. What can I say, I have a type. :p

TitleDesignerWHCategory
Alpine GardenDrawn Thread44224Medium
Christmas is ComingBarbara Ana10358Small
Christmas Tree 2007Mirabilia113175Medium
City of CatsOwlforest139120Medium
Dragons of SumatraInk Circles301216BAP
ElectraNora Corbett168138Large
HummingbirdsOwlforest115148Medium
Lilith of LabradorMirabilia161234Large
MexicoOwlforest125155Medium
Mini Beautiful LightHAED183325BAP
NightTeresa Wentzler125195Large
Ringing DragonfliesOwlforest190208Large
Rose Study Pierre de RonsardVeronique Enginger160160Large
Sea WitchNora Corbett99134Medium
September Sapphire FairyMirabilia125223Large
StarlingsOwlforest7373Small
Tangled WebMill Hill7070Small
The Chinese Garden MandalaChatelaine289289BAP
The Herb GardenDrawn Thread29544Large
The Mushroom & Fern MandalaChatelaine351351BAP
The RosariumChatelaine331331BAP
The Violet Patch MandalaChatelaine273273BAP
TranscendenceHAED450652BAP
Tudor BeeThe Blue Flower10083Small

Now, you may be thinking that so many new starts kind of defeats the purpose of not starting anything in 2022, but in my case, starting projects is what I hate. I love stitching, but all the fussy stuff like making a working copy, selecting and ironing fabric, gathering up specialty threads, making sure I have all the beads, etc is the WORST part of stitching for me! This way I got all the gross boring work out of the way all at once and I can just STITCH in 2022. :)

Also I plan to finish all of my new starts (EXCEPT for Rosarium haha) this year, plus at least Lilith of Labrador from my older WIP list. That's 17 finishes which sounds a little nuts but I've already completed all the stitching on Electra (just needs beads!) and Starlings is 100% finished.

And now the pictures! :)

Alpine Garden

Christmas is Coming

Christmas Tree 2007

City of Cats

Dragons of Sumatra

Electra (old pic, all stitching is already done)

Hummingbirds

Lilith of Labrador

Mexico


Mini Beautiful Light


Night

Ringing Dragonflies

Rose Study Pierre de Ronsard

Sea Witch

September Sapphire Fairy

Starlings (excuse the nasty hoop marks, haha)

Tangled Web

The Chinese Garden Mandala

The Herb Garden

The Mushroom & Fern Mandala

The Rosarium

The Violet Patch Mandala

Transcendence

Tudor Bee

3 comments:

  1. You have so many beautiful pieces to keep you busy this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to watch them grow! Getting all the starts out of the way has made it so easy for me to pick up different projects and make good progress this year. :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous list, so much Gorgeousness! But are you really planning to finish three BAP Chatelaines? That's one heck of a goal!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)