Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Moonlit Kitties progress

I'm rushing to finish up Moonlit Kitties in time to display it for Halloween! I even got a wooden frame from Mill Hill that fits their larger beaded kits, so all I need to do is pop it into the frame when I finish.

I'm almost done with all the stitching and I think I can get it done in another day or two. Not sure how long it will take to add all the beads as there's a TON, but I love beading so it'll probably go faster than I expect anyway. :)


Well, it has a bit of an autumn-y look so I'll probably keep it up through Thanksgiving. I don't really change out my displayed stitching based on the season as I don't have much seasonal stuff! That, and 95% of the stitching on display in my house is framed and on the wall, not finished as a small item that could be tucked away somewhere. That's something I should work on... I have plenty of smalls that are stitched up but not finished yet.

It would also be nice to reuse the wooden frame for other seasonal MH kits. Not that the frame was especially expensive, but it's basic black and can be used all year round, and there's no point to having an interchangeable display if it never gets changed! :p

I still need to show my finish of Swan Lake by Owlforest so that will be next time! :)

4 comments:

  1. This is a cute design. I usually chance my displays seasonally but I'm running late this year. Must get the spooky stuff out this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more seasonal stitching! Somehow I never really got into making anything for holidays and it would be nice to have some decorations. Hopefully I can finish this one by Halloween!

      Delete
  2. I really like this one, it looks great so far! Were you able to finish it by Halloween? I might have to add this to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)