Friday, July 23, 2021

Busy Bee Sampler - finish!

I had a finish on the 12th but I'm posting it a bit late! This is Busy Bee Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree, one of their many small band samplers.

I haven't color corrected these pictures but the fabric should be a little more yellow, as it's a plain cream Belfast.

I made a few changes, as always!

The pattern called for beads in cream and "plum" (which looked red to me on the cover of the chart), and I replaced plum with a light blue to match the flowers. I didn't like the stark contrast of red with the other colors, and since the beads in question seem to be flower buds, they should be the same color as the open flowers.

I also changed the color of the little bee trails to a much lighter grey instead of the bee backstitch color, and I stitched the bee wings (they weren't filled in on the chart). Oh, and the inner diamond around the bottommost bee was dark blue but I changed it to the flower color.

Okay, maybe I made more changes than I thought. :p

3 comments:

  1. Lovely sampler, I like all the honeycomb motifs. You could add a little bee charm to the top one?
    I agree that red beads would have looked quite strange too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, it's supposed to have a bee charm but I didn't have one. I'll have to look and see what I can find online. :)

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)