Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Mini Mandala Mystery 02 - Post #1

Obviously the thing to do when you're frustrated with a Chatelaine is to start another one. :)

This is Mini Mandala Mystery 02 (aka MMM02) which is, as you'd expect from the name, a very small mandala with a handful of thread colors and beads, plus some nice specialty stitches. It was released in three parts and I've completed most of part one (minus backstitch and beads) and made a small start on part two.


I'm using a light grey fabric which looks a bit brown in this picture. In real life it's a cool grey. The threads are mostly DMC with a few variegated cottons from my stash subbed in for the recommended silks. I'm enjoying this so far, except I think I need to change out the varigated thread in the very center for the more muted one I tested out in the upper left section. That one is closer to the recommended thread.

I'll keep on with this one for the rest of the month. It's nice to have a new start!

1 comment:

  1. These are lovely, I thought about doing the smaller ones first but dived right in with a large design!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)