Monday, March 01, 2021

WIPocalypse 2021 - February post

One day late again, but I really don't use my computer on the weekends so blah. :p

I didn't get to stitch much in February thanks to the giant Texas freeze and the stress of dealing with the aftermath. Like so many other people, I had a pipe burst in my home due to the power being off overnight when it was 7F outside (-14C for all the normal people!). It got down to below freezing in the uninsulated portion of my attic above the garage, and a pipe up there froze and then split, completely destroying my garage ceiling. We were lucky that only the garage was affected, not the main part of the house - many other people are dealing with ruined carpet, walls, furniture, etc.

And yes, we moved the cars out of the garage before the ceiling came down on them!

~~~

So, here's the progress photos from last month. Not much but better than nothing!

Lilac by Nora Corbett was a new start. I intended to finish her last month but I'll make her my focus for the first part of March instead.


Night by Teresa Wentzler had just a bit of work done on the border. In March, I want to completely finish the top two pages of border (except for beads), including the whitework inner frame.


Fox by Riolis got some progress on the fox's tail and legs, plus a little filling in here and there. I haven't chosen a March goal yet but finishing the rest of the fox should be reasonable. I also need to do the rest of the backstitching on and around the face that represents fur.


Chinese Garden Mandala had a little progress on the next seasonal scene. I'd like to finish either that scene or the right side arch this month. I also have some specialty stitches to finish around the inner red border.


I also plan to start Swan Lake by Owlforest Embroidery this month! Here's the model for reference:


Sounds like a pretty full month. Better get started. :)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects! I live in Indiana and we had the cold and lots of snow. But we are equipped to handle it. Sorry you had to deal with frozen pipes. Look forward to seeing next month's progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pieces. And great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching and projects! Sorry about the busted water pipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you survived the Big Freeze! You should have stitched a Temperature SAL this year, that would have had some interesting colours.
    Love the Owl Forest Swan Lake, very Art Nouveau in style.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)