Sunday, March 07, 2021

Lilac - post #5 - finish!

I finished Lilac earlier today!

She's stitched on Ice Flowers Belfast from Fiberlicious. It's a little darker and bluer than the photos show, perfect for a summery sky sort of feeling.

As always, I made some small changes to the pattern to suit my tastes. Most important was smoothing out the backstitch on her wings, but I also changed the bead color on her wings from gold to copper to match better, plus some minor changes to beading around the backstitched vines. Oh, and I did the vines with two strands of DMC instead of one so they would stand out more. I also replaced all blended colors with a solid DMC because blends suck. :p







I'm very happy with how she came out! I have to admit I wasn't thrilled when my wife picked her out of my pile of potential new starts, but now I love her! I honestly expected this project to be kind of disappointing with the giant skirt with only two shades of green, but once the beads are added she goes from bland to amazing.

I'll probably work on Fox for a couple of days, then start Swan Lake by Owlforest!

7 comments:

  1. Very very beautiful. Colours are awesome. Great minute details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The colors work so well in this design. :)

      Delete
  2. https://shamiatcraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the Happy Dance for Lilac! She looks wonderful, the beads really do bring her to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! She came out so much better than I expected. :D

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)