Tuesday, October 27, 2020

WIPocalypse 2020 - October check in

Oops, WIPocalypse has gotten away from me yet again! It's been three months since my last post. It's not that I forget about the SAL (I always read all the posts!) but I don't make the time to pull out all my projects to update progress photos.

Here's my progress since July:

Atlantis (Owlforest Embroidery) is almost filled in on the left side of the design. The seaweed at the far left is the edge. So close!


Chinese Garden Mandala (Chatelaine) is slow going but fun to work on. I'm filling in the arches with bricks before doing the scenes inside of them. Also made a tiny start on one of the seasonal scenes in the corners, but just the border there too.


Finery of Nature (Dimensions) hasn't had any progress in a while. There's only couching, cording, and french knots left, there's just... a lot of couching. Like a LOT. Kind of have to be in the mood for that...


Forests of Sumatra (Ink Circles) was a new start in August. I'm almost finished! There's just some stitching along the top, and then a border band under the trees at the bottom.


Fox (Riolis) was also a new start in August. The kit threads have some wool in them, which creates a slightly fuzzy matte effect that's a perfect fit for the subject. I swapped out the 14ct aida for Belfast linen, and I'm stitching with one thread instead of two. There's a lot of blended colors, so I handle that by putting the dark color on the bottom leg, and the light color on top.


Mushroom and Fern Mandala (Chatelaine) is also slow, mainly because it's huuuuge. Finally finished most of the second big arch!


Night (Teresa Wentzler) has seen a lot of action since the last time I posted about it! I'm still working on the massive border but it's growing steadily. Maybe some day I'll get to the lady. :p


This month's question:
How do you choose what you’re going to stitch on next?

Well, I look at my stack of WIPs and pick up the one I feel like working on. That's it! If I'm going to start something new, I usually check my bucket list and pick something from there. Other times, I dig though the patterns I've already matched with fabric and go with whatever stands out to me. I'm pretty unstructured and act on my whims at the moment, basically. :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. One thing about missing a couple of months is that we see loads of progress! The Ink Circles has clearly been a focus piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful WIPs. I agree with Jo we get to see alot of progress in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely variety of patterns to work on and your stitching is absolutely beautiful. I appreciate how you decide which wip to work on next. It's great when a piece captures us.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)