Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Forests of Sumatra - post #3

Another update on Forests of Sumatra! I'm working my way across the main motifs on the bottom and I have one more full tree left, plus a half triangle to the right of it. It should fill the blank space in the bottom right corner of this picture:

This picture shows the entire main part of the design... or rather, where it will fit, since I'm not done yet! There's also borders along the entire top and bottom, but my qsnap isn't large enough for me to fit those in while working on the center. I'll reposition and add those after I finish the middle.

I'm guessing that I'm solidly at the halfway point now. I've used up two skeins of the Gloriana Sumatra thread and just started on the third. I bought five total for this design and it's looking like I'll end up using all of them, though maybe not too much of the fifth skein. No worries there, though, it's an awesome color and I'll definitely make good use of it somewhere else!

Speaking of colors, the photo doesn't show the colors too well. The fabric is 40ct PTP Sterling, which is definitely green and nothing like the color of sterling silver, but that's fine with me since green is the best color anyway. :)

And a little somewhat unrelated ramble for today: I'm a little disappointed in my lack of finishes this year. I feel like I've been stitching quite a bit this year (haven't we all haha) and while I'm making progress, nothing is getting DONE. I guess it doesn't help that all of my projects are big and/or complex but it's still kind of discouraging. Even if I really pushed myself, I think I could only finish three of my current WIPs this year - Forests of Sumatra (half done, simple but large), Finery of Nature (Dimensions kit, tons of couching, cording, and french knots left), and Fox by Riolis (maybe half done, lots of blended colors demanding a bit of extra attention).

The leftovers are two Chatelaines, one Teresa Wentzler, and three HAED. Yeah. I love them all but it's a bit like stitching into the void, I see lots of progress but there's just so much left to do.

I mean... finishing isn't really the important part of stitching. I know that. But I'm the kind of person who really likes the satisfaction of a finish, and I refuse to let my WIP count hit the double digits ever again - aka no new starts until I finish something. Which is fine, because I genuinely like all my current WIPs. (Uh, except for the one that's been placed in permanent time out. Shhh...)

I guess the only solution is to stitch faster...

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, the colour is lovely. I enjoy finishes too which is why I do Smalls inbetween the larger projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is beautiful, especially the rich color of the thread.

      Hm, maybe I should look through my little pile of "must do" smalls. The only issue is that there's already so many I need to finish-finish, so the thought of adding more is a bit scary. :D

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)