Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Swallows - finished! (plus a new Mira!)

Another start and finish. This beauty stitched up so fast that I didn't bother taking any progress photos along the way.

Unfortunately this was supposed to be an informal SAL with a friend but I ended up finishing it at a ridiculous speed due to stress. (I tend to focus on stitching rather than any of my other hobbies when I'm stressed, I guess because the repetitive motion is soothing in some way?) I regret messing up the SAL opportunity but I know we'll stitch together again in the future. <3

This is Swallows by Owlforest Embroidery, stitched with their hand-dyed thread pack on 32ct Light Mocha Belfast, which is actually the suggested fabric for this design. I'm very happy with the thread colors. They were difficult to work with and tangled like crazy, but once I started lightly steam ironing the lengths of thread, it was the same as normal DMC.


I have several other patterns from Owlforest, including a couple of kits that my friend also purchased, so I hope to SAL with him correctly in the future. :D

For now, I'm moving on to Cathedral Woods Goddess, the new Mirabilia release. It's been a while since I've fallen in love with one of the new Mira/Nora patterns and this one is absolutely perfect for me in every way. The colors, the composition, the face... PERFECT.

My start:


My fabric is a dark mottled brown with black speckles (as seen in the upper right here) but of course it didn't come out right in the photo. It's not purple or reddish at all. Maybe next time will be better...

4 comments:

  1. Oh those swallows are beautiful! I don't have any of her patterns but I've been eyeing off a few recently. I love the seasons series. Your stitching is beautiful and I look forward to seeing more of that gorgeous purple fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finish is so beautiful. I really love the color palette. Your Mira is looking good; I look forward in seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your swallows ,a really beautiful stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely finish and pretty colours. At least you'll be able to stitch something else with your friend!
    The Cathedral Woods Goddess is coming along beautifully, I'm looking forward to seeing her come together.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)