Thursday, May 02, 2019

Seasons Change SAL - three seasons done!

I'm alive, I swear. :p

I haven't been posting but I've been stitching! Not a whole ton, sadly, but I've made a ton of progress on one of my 'finish in 2019' projects, the Seasons Change SAL by Ship's Manor.

Here's how it looked at the beginning of the year when I dug it out of the WIP pile:


And here's how it looks now!


I'm not sure how long it took me to add all this new progress because I haven't been documenting any of my stitching this year. Clearly I need to update more often. Whoops.

A couple of small changes, but mostly stitched as charted. I subbed in a non-kit thread for the dark brown in the tree trunks as I felt the original choice (very dark brown, almost black) was too much of a contrast with the other colors. And I ran out of the beautiful fire-colored thread with two motifs left to stitch, so I subbed in a thread that I dyed myself a while back that turned out to be a pretty close match! Can you tell which two motifs are using a different thread? :)

I'm going to press on to a finish with this one. Autumn is a blue/purple thread with a somewhat harsh, bright yellow, so I might swap the yellow out for something more mellow and with more variegation. We'll see how I feel about it when I start stitching...

(oops I just noticed that I forgot the blue on the motif to the right of the tree!)

1 comment:

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)