Thursday, May 30, 2019

Four Seasons Birdcages - big update

I'm really bad about posting this year. Sometimes I think about moving to another platform but I don't want to start a new blog or deal with nonsense like IG. Oh well. :p

I've been working exclusively on Four Seasons Birdcages since my last post. It's an old Dimensions kit, stitched with a few modifications, as usual. I swapped out the fabric for Fairy Forest (I think) Belfast by Crafty Kitten. I'm doing the backstitch in a variety of colors (the original was all brown) and I'm also couching the long backstitches for the cage bars to make them smooth.

I only showed progess once in my new year post back in January, and that was the summer birdcage with the barest start on autumn.

On May 2, this was how everything looked.





I've made a huge amount of progress since then, but since I haven't posted any progress pictures at all on this one, I thought it would be nice to show these older ones for now.

Next post will be a finish for sure!

2 comments:

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)