Thursday, February 07, 2019

small finishes & finishing!

Hello again! I've been working on mini projects this month as part of my informal SAL (which is probably just me alone, but that's okay!) and doing a bit of finishing too.

I have two mini finishes for February so far. They are:

Ink Circles - Valentina
Stitched on 40ct opalescent Brandy Apple with Carrie's Raspberry silk.

Sweetheart Tree - Snowflakes in the Pines
Stitched on random fabrics. The darker one was tea-dyed.

Yes, there's two of them! I had one that just needed beads in my box of finishes, and a small start tucked in with the chart. Dunno why, but now there's two of them. I just need to get some sort of charm for the center of the second one.

Then I decided to do some finishing instead of wasting time online. :p

Hands on Design - merry.berry and kiss.a.bit
Stitched on Slate Belfast from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie.

Simple hoop finish, which is honestly challenging enough for me! I don't really have the patience to do good finishing... which seems odd because I have plenty of patience to STITCH, right? I tend to get frustrated with finishing for some reason.

Hands on Design - Dream of the Sea (pincushion)
Stitched on 32ct neutral Belfast (from the kit).

My wife assembled this for me, haha. It helps to have a built-in helper at home who doesn't mind doing the dirty work for you. :D

3 comments:

  1. I really like all these designs and great stitching on the very intricate Ink Circles Valentina piece. I also like the Merry Berry pattern done on the unusual slate fabric. I´m in Spain so can´t be included in your very generous giveaway - postal costs are dreadful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful finishes! I really love the floss and fabric for the Ink Circles, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I wish I could have my husband do some finishing (though I really don't have a lot)! I love how the little pincushion turned out. Finishing Things vs Online Time is a terrible conundrum. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)