Friday, September 07, 2018

Bleeding Heart - finished!

Another finish! No progress photos, I didn't bother taking any as I was working on this. This is Bleeding Heart by Nora Corbett with a bunch of changes. The overall look is still pretty similar to the original charting, but with tweaked colors and materials.

First up, the pictures!
She's stitched on Daybreak Belfast by Crafty Kitten.

And now, the changes!

Overall changes:
- Changed all beads except the largest one to Delicas.
- Wings were charted in regular DMC - I changed to 100% metallics.

Color changes - cross stitch:
(Changed blue areas of pants to blue-grey to tone it down a bit, removed blends.)
317 to 930
351 to 3832
587 to 932
3341 to 3833
3761 to 3753
317/597 to 931
597/3761 to 3752

Color changes - backstitch:
645 to 632 (skin, cuz who tf backstitches skin in grey)
830 to 632 (in wings)
830 to 304 (in bleeding hearts)
900 to 304 (in sash)

I was going to change the bleeding hearts to a more candy red or dark pink, but it didn't look nice, so I went back to the charted colors. Mostly. Haha. :D


  1. She's beautiful!Everything is perfect in it!=)

  2. Congrats on your beautiful finish and your color choices work so well together. Can't wait to see your next stitchy project. Happy stitching!

  3. Congrats on the lovely finish! Great changes in the wings; sparkles make everything better. Also grey backstitching for skin wat.

  4. She's gorgeous, sparkly wings and all! I hope you get to frame her soon.


I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)