Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Mini Mandala Mystery 05 - finished!

I'm definitely on a Chatelaine kick this year. Lots of stitching and lots of finishes! Gotta hurry up since my wife bought me FIVE more Chatelaine charts for my birthday...

As always, the pictures are terrible but I did my best to show a bunch of different angles!





As usual, I made some small changes (beads, threads, blah) so I could use materials from my stash instead of buying anything specifically for this pattern.

I also made a few changes to the design itself. I didn't like the backstitching in the vined corners, so I replaced those with a bicone inside a beaded square. And the tiny square gardens in the corners of the specialty stitch path were a boring solid green, so I replaced them with a mini version of the central motif using Jessica stitches and beads. I think they came out really cute! Oh, and I left out a bunch of random backstitching that didn't add anything to the design.

I'll be going back to Mushroom and Fern Mandala, and maybe working on a couple of smalls by Hands on Design that I barely started if I get tired of fancy stitching. :3

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! You're a whiz at all those fancy stitches - they intimidate me - one reason I've never tried a Chatelaine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The specialty stitches can be tough at first. I feel like I'm still improving my technique on the ones that are hardest for me - eyelets (never look even) and Jessica stitches (I have a hard time figuring out how/when to tuck threads under to make it look like a continuous circle - which isn't required for stitching them but I only like them if they look perfect!). I think everyone has special stitches they're good and bad at doing. :D

      Delete
  2. I too like my little Xs but this is so pretty I could be tempted! I hope the charts your wife bought are small ones like these otherwise you have a lot of speciality stitching and beading in your future....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, ONE of them was a small one, does that count? :D

      Delete
  3. That looks wonderful, you certainly make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)