Friday, June 01, 2018

Tis the Season - start & finish!

I've had some nerve/tendon issues with my arm so I haven't been stitching much, but I did manage to start and finish Tis the Season by Blackbird Designs in May!


It's stitched with random threads from my stash instead of the pricey silk threads, and I made a bunch of small changes to adjust spacing to my liking. Still thinking I want to redo the snowflake near the bottom that's too close to "etre" but I dunno...

There's supposed to be a snowflake border along the top right, but I chose not to do it (at least for now) because it was very same-y all the way across and I didn't like how it looked. I may go back and add something else later to help square up the entire design visually. Or not. Maybe I'll take out the two half snowflakes above the cardinal (and the two at the left and right borders too?) instead.

Anyway, it's done for now and I'm going to let it rest before making any more changes!

Next up... stitching a bunch of minis in June, I think! I already have a small bag full of mini sized projects that I've been itching to get to. Time to DO IT. :p

3 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I wish I got that much done when I "haven't been stitching much" :D I would take out the two half snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I agree, I think the half snowflakes have to come out if I'm not adding the upper border of them...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I'm still working on this one for my aunt. Bet she regrets telling me to take my time!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)