Monday, April 16, 2018

Iris Flower Panel - post #5 - Finish!

All done! This was finished over the weekend. :)

As usual, the pictures aren't that great, so you have to pretend it's nicer than it looks. The fabric is PTP Truffle so it's a slightly pinkish light brown. The iris was converted to shades of purple (original was blue) and all threads are random stuff from my stash.


I actually feel like the bling in the top section is a little too much. Those round crystals are overkill. Just one at the top would have sufficed. Oh well, they're already on there so they're staying.


Finally, the two siblings are together! It might be hard to see, but the orchid has bicones in place of those five clear round crystals on the iris, which looks better to my eye. There's just one large clear crystal at the very top and it's the same size of the five on the iris. The large top crystal on the iris is even bigger and it looks unbalanced.


Well, I can always change things out later if I feel like it! For now, I'll enjoy the finish. :D

Next up, Beaded Dragonfly Tile. For real this time. Already made some good progress over the weekend and I'm pumped to keep going!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! They are both gorgeous. Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Gorgeous work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a finish! And yes, finagling can come later. It's done for now. :) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning finish! They look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both beautiful! I like the changes you made to the iris.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)