Friday, October 06, 2017

Renaissance Mermaid - update #7 (finish!)

Another big finish today! I think Renaissance Mermaid is the most blinged out Mirabilia I've worked on yet! Either that, or I was just slow about getting her beaded for some reason. It took me about three days of work to get all her beads on, but the result... well, you look. :)


Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good shot of the actual fabric color, so I had to do a lot of color correction on these photos, and it's still not great. The fabric is Ocean Belfast by Sugar Maple Fabrics and it's more of a solid aqua blue, not as heavily mottled as these pictures suggest.



Naturally, I made some small changes as always. :p

- over one skin with the usual recharting to smooth the boundaries between colors
- dyed my own variegated blue to use in the fin and tail :)
- replaced blue Kreinik in tail with random color from stash
- replaced all size 11 beads with delicas
- gave her a pearl earring
- used shell instead of heart on... whatever that thing is she's holding
- also used bugle beads and more pearls/gemstones on the thing
- modified shape of beaded curls a bit to allow for easier/cheaper framing!
- changed color of curls to PTP I had in my stash

Whew, I think that's it.

What's next? More Flight of Freedom - checked with MIL and yes, FIL would be thrilled to receive it as a gift, so I feel a lot better about stitchng it now - and Beaded Dragonfly Tile. For real this time. I'm going to finish that blasted tile this year even if it kills me!

11 comments:

  1. She looks amazing! A great finish. Glad to hear you've got the motivation to stitch on your FIL's gift though I do think your wife should help out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! I must say though:

    We are gathered here today to preemptively mourn the passing of Rahenna... she planned to complete the dragonfly tile, but with its track record, it is likely to kill her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're probably right though. I worked on it for maybe 15 minutes and put it away in disgust...

      Delete
  3. She is gorgeous! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks fantastic, congratulations on your latest finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work on the mermaid, love the close-up photos, she's quite busty for a Nora!
    It's nice to know that your FIL will really appreciate the design you're stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mermaid! She is stunning :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, she is stunning! Not one I thought I wanted to stitch, but now...
    I can't wait to see her framed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, stunning, stunning. She's beautiful and you did a great job. That fabric is perfect. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)