Sunday, September 03, 2017

Blossom Collector - update #3 (finished!)

Blossom Collector is done! The pictures don't show the fabric color very well, but she's stitched on the other half of the FQ I cut in half for Willow Queen - Snickerdoodle by Sugar Maple Fabrics. It's yellowish with some brown/purple/pink areas. Hard to describe and unfortunately even harder to photograph, but hopefully you can get the general idea.




It was difficult to get her finished for a couple of reasons, both of which totally suck. :x

I'd planned to go pick up the beads I needed over the long weekend my wife and I were planning (she took a Friday and Monday off to get a four-day weekend) ...and then Harvey happened. We're completely fine, our house is in an area that doesn't flood, but everything around us was shut down for about a week and businesses are just starting to open again. I'm torn between wanting to go out to support local businesses, and staying home to not get in the way of the people who really need to be out and about right now.

And the other reason is that I have some sort of tendonitis or nerve problem in my right arm - probably the elbow or wrist or, most likely, both - that makes it hard to do anything requiring fine motor control. I've been wearing wrist braces and trying to rest my hand as much as possible, but do you know how many activities require your hands? ALL OF THEM!

In fact, my hand has gone cold and tingly while typing this post, so I'll sign off now... sigh.

6 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! So happy to hear that you're safe and dry, though your shopping excursion certainly is a dilemma. Take care of your wrist. That seems to be a fairly common problem for stitchers, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful, the beads really do add to the design. Hope your wrist gets better soon. I got an RSI in my right elbow last year and it still twinges sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous! Glad all is well with you, hope things get back to normal soon - including your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's absolutely beautiful! Congrats on her! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)