Thursday, December 08, 2016

2017 Stitching Plans!

As usual, it's time to make plans for 2017 that I will totally ignore all year, haha.

~~~

I had big plans for the WIPs I carried over from 2015 into 2016, but pretty much didn't meet any of those goals. :( But I will persist in making WIP goals for next year anyway. :p

I'll put them in order of importance, most to least, just like last year.

- Etude aux Fraises (Enginger) - will be completed before 2017!
- Beautiful Sea Quaker SAL (Ship's Manor) - keep up with SAL
- Beaded Dragonfly Tile (Chatelaine) - finish in Q1 2017
- Chinese Garden Mandala (Chatelaine) - complete at least one part every quarter
- Night (Wentzler) - goal undecided
- Fantasy SAL (Durene Jones) - complete borders
- Transcendence - Sessler (HAED) - on hold
- Air ACEO - Butcher (HAED) - on hold

Seriously, I need to get Beaded Dragonfly Tile done. Now that I'm keeping a bunch of threaded needles on hand for this project, there's no reason to avoid it. I mean, aside that it's stitched on black Belfast... and there's a bunch of over-one... ahem. :p

~~~

Planned new starts for 2017!

I only completed three of my five planned new starts from 2016 (the Bride's Tree ornaments, South Seas Mermaid, and Etude aux Fraises... which isn't done yet but will be!) and I didn't even start the other two! So the first one here is a repeat from last year. The other unstarted one is going to hang out in my stash for a bit and I might add it in later. :3

Rosewood Manor - Summer Quakers
(on Crafty Kitten Vintage Petals, similar to the model)

Ink Circles - Cirque des Coeurs
(on PTP Phoenix with DMC 4170 & white)

Nora Corbett - Wisteria and/or Waterlily
(not sure of fabric for Wisteria, but Waterlily is set!)

And that's it for now. I'm only choosing a few because I do want to focus on finishing projects... I refuse to have a WIP count in the double digits! If I make good progress, then I'll pick more things from my bucket list to start. Maybe I'll do a half year review to see how I'm doing with my goals.

~~~

Also, I'm stupidly toying with these ideas...



I know, I know, I'm the one who was all "I am never stitching a PR design again" but...  I've had fabric for Fairy of Dreams for years. YEARS! And I really love Prosperity Fae too. Sigh. At least the charts are available as PDF now instead of those ridiculously massive single page foldouts.

But I don't own either of these charts yet (I had the paper charts but sold them immediately once PDFs became available), so I'll keep this idea on the back burner for now...

13 comments:

  1. Great plans for the new year!!! Love Summer Quaker, this will be stunning when done and will most probably be great fun to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that design too, I don't know why I've put it off so long. It's not my usual style but the colors are amazing. :D

      Delete
  2. Fantastic plans for next year. Best of luck with all your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great plans for the new year. The rosewood manor is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the RM design and I'm kind of sad I didn't get to it this year as planned. Next year for sure... maybe I can go for a January first start. :)

      Delete
  4. I love your Goals for the upcoming year. I have not set mine yet. But I do love this time of year to review last year and think about next. Looking forward to watching your 2017 Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope to see your plans soon too! :D

      Delete
  5. What wonderful plans and designs you have chosen. I'm picking 17 because it's 2017 but I haven't finalised them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see your post! I love creepin on everyone's plans. :D

      Delete
  6. I'm glad to see someone else is still stitching! I'm starting to muse about my plans for next year now that The Toddler is finally not needing me to constantly watch him. I might actually be able to stitch again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Measi, long time no see! I'm always quietly creepin' on FB and your little man is getting so big! :D I'll definitely creep all over your blog if you get back to stitching <3

      Delete
  7. Good luck with your plans your finishes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)