It was a successful month for smalls, though I haven't stitched much at all since my last update, so I don't have anything new to show. Still, I finished five smalls and that's not too bad! Here's a collage since showing them all individually again would be overkill. :p
And more to come next month, of course!
On the goals front, things were not quite as successful...
- blog about progress once a week - NO
- finish Bride's Tree Ornament #10 - YES
- start/finish at least three other small projects! - YES
- NO craft/stash shopping - NO
I'm glad that I got all the stitching done earlier in the month so my goals wouldn't be a total bust!
I haven't been posting because I haven't been stitching... and I haven't been stitching because I've spent most of the month moping around while my wife was away on an international business trip. I didn't have the energy or drive to do anything, really, so... yeah. Bit of a letdown there.
Also, I had planned to break my shopping ban, using only money earned from selling things from my stash, but... yeah. I didn't do that badly on the stitchy stash front, to be honest (even returned an expensive item that wasn't right for me) but there was other recreational shopping going on, and that can't be allowed to continue.
So, I've joined the warmup for the Stitch from Stash FB group, which means my no-buy starts NOW instead of at the beginning of the year, and it extends through June 2017. I'm also on a no-buy for nail polish and makeup items for the remainder of 2016. These are my three problem areas, and since moderation isn't working for me, time to go cold turkey. Wish me luck! :)
My new goals for November!
- blog about progress once a week
- finish Bride's Tree Ornament #11
- start/finish at least three other small projects!
- comb through stash again and pull out things I no longer want to stitch
- NO craft/stash shopping, for real, NO exceptions, even if I sell things!