Oops. I was a little too successful. Ghost Story is all finished!
These pictures were taken with my wife's phone, which tends to overexpose the lighter colors, so I'll try taking more photos with my own camera later. Those will be blurry but probably a little truer to the actual colors. :)
However, the brightness of the camera really brings out the color of the fabric!
I'll have to take a closer photo of her face. There was a lot of fussing to get her eyes just right, and I also changed the "darker" skin color to one that actually contrasts with the "lighter" one! I did end up adding a sketchy outline of an ear too, but I didn't do anything super detailed for it. I can't draw well and especially not ears!
So, she's mostly stitched as charted, with a few small changes:
- used whatever I had on hand that was close enough for metallic threads and beads
- changed darker skin color to 945
- backstitched skin in 840
- changed a few purple stitches on her bust to white (they looked like nipples, haha)
And she's stitched on Haunted Belfast by Picture This Plus - not only the perfect color, but also the perfect color name!
Next up to be conquered: Wintry Blooms Biscornu!
And no, I still don't have a picture! Next time. :)