Monday, March 14, 2016

South Seas Mermaid post #6

Mmm, seaweed!

So, I didn't end up working on the skin yet, but I may end up saving that for last (as usual) to keep it from getting handled too much. As you can see, I got her tail and fins done, plus most of the seaweed. There's a few more random colorful seaweed branches to be added, but that won't take more than an hour or two to finish up. :)

I'm still having a great time with her, so I may just press on until I finish! My monthly goals are important to me, of course, but fully enjoying my stitching is even more important. :)

I don't know if you can tell by comparing to my previous posts and the model picture, but I've made some small color modifications to improve the appearance of the stitching. I've also removed all blended colors and replaced them with a single DMC color, so I'll publish a list of all the changes I made when I post my finish on this lovely mermaid. :3


  1. Ooooo, she is looking just beautiful!

  2. I agree, I will always choose enjoyment over monthly goals. I love the changes you are making.

  3. The seaweed is so beautiful and delicate (not like the horrible brown stuff that washes up on our shores!) Looking forward to seeing more... :)

  4. She looks amazing. Her tail is really quite realistically fish-like, in a good way!


I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)