For January, I said:
- stitch/send Mirabilia RR on time - YES!
- get materials for hardanger SAL (I have no fabric in the right count!) - YES!
- stitch part one of hardanger SAL - YES!
- make visible progress on at least one of my 2016 goal projects - YES!
- no shopping (except for hardanger SAL materials) - no, bought two random small fabric cuts
Well, not too bad. One of the fabrics was a bit of raw Belfast that I needed to stitch another small, and the other was a pretty red that will make a great ornament. Not perfect, but everything works within the budget I've set for the year.
My budget is a bit of a normal budget and a bit of a game. My wife and I are playing together, so we each get $300 for the entire year (or $25/month, same as Stitch from Stash) and can earn extra by selling personal stuff on ebay, exercising, and avoiding snacks. It sounds like a lot, but the money earned gets split between savings and potential spending. Half goes to the savings account, then the remaining half is split again between our craft budgets. It's working pretty well so far!
And for February, I want to...
- stitch part two of hardanger SAL
- complete one "page" worth of stitching on Fatum
- complete the next Bride's Tree ornament
- start South Seas Mermaid!
I've actually finished two "pages" (the bottom left portion inside the border) this month, so next month I'm going to work on the part on the far left, where you can see the beginnings of some black hair and other colors. That will leave me with one big, solidly stitched page, and a little bit of the page to the right of that.
Still a lot of stitching to do, but I finally feel like finishing this might not be so impossible afer all!