So I'll be working on parts 5-8 next. As you may have guessed, 5 and 8 are the parts with a lot of border going on, so I've been doing those first, but then I got bored and hopped over to part 7 to add some of the wings. It doesn't look like all that much yet because they're not filled in, but they'll pop nicely once I get all the colors in there.
I'll have to rechart parts 9-12 to remove the word at the bottom. Might take some fussing to get the border to line up, but I haven't taken a close look at the charts yet to see how much fudging I might have to do. Or maybe not, I don't know! I did see a pic of a finish without the word and it looked pretty good, so I'm sure it must work out well.
Parts 5-8 will probably be the most heavily stitched areas, so I'm trying not to get discouraged by slow progress. Hey, at least I'm not stitching the solid blue background! (whyyyyyy)
Well, there we go, visible progress for today! Almost everything below the rather visible line of parts 1-4 was added this week! (Just not the border section on the right!)