It's that time again. :3
- finish Floral Fifteen (at least the stitching) - done!
- finish two of the three patterns in Espressioni - done!
- prep for Mirabilia RR! - done!
- make visible progress on another WIP - picked up Angel Procession again!
Ahhh, so nice to meet all my goals this time around! I'm pretty happy with what I accomplished this month since I spent over a week too sick to do much of anything. Just a bad cold, but it still made anything requiring concentration rather difficult! Luckily, my wife was on vacation for a week so we did a lot of crafty stuff while she was home.
May goals: (in order of priority!)
- finish my square on the Mirabilia RR
- finish one angel on Angel Procession (maybe not the backstitch tho ahaha)
- assemble Floral Fifteen
- stitch the last pattern in Espressioni
Speaking of Angel Procession... Look, it's my ancient WIP that's old enough to vote! Or, at least the part that I'll be working on in May.
Every time I look at it, I'm shocked by how small it is. I mean, it's long, but it's not very tall. The most frustrating part seems to be finding the threads, especially for blends. I spent AGES last night trying to find the TWO blue colors for the sleeve. TWO COLORS GUYS.
Sooooo I got wise and put them in order by DMC number in a tray (sort of, they're actually little hardware drawers, haha) and I'm keeping a separate bobbin for each blend. Before, I had the threads in bags, roughly by color family and just... no. Don't do that. It's terrible.
I'm surprised that AP still looks so pristine after so many years. Everything is vibrant and there are minimal stains on the fabric even though it's been folded up and abused for so long.
THIS IS YOUR YEAR, ANGEL PROCESSION.
For real this time.