Man, that's sad. This is the first time in the history of my blog that it's taken me almost three full months to get a finish for the year! I haven't been stitching all that much this year, though, so I guess that's to be expected. Caught up in fandom and studying every day...
But here she is in her fishy beaded glory! Gypsy Mermaid by Mirabilia. :)
And this time I took pictures during the day! Ready?
She's stitched on Lady of the Lake Belfast from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. The fabric had a lot of weird fuzzy fibers embedded in it, and some slub nubs (ha ha ha) so it was a bit challenging to work with at times. I'm pleased with the final look, though. :)
Ah, she was so much fun to bead! Beading is my favorite part of every project. I was a little iffy about the metallic net, but it's my favorite part of the whole piece! It's such a great finishing touch, especially with the larger beads to represent knots where the ropes cross each other.
As always, I made some small changes, but this time it was almost all in the beading. My edits:
- over one skin, because I am insane
- replaced all size 6 beads (the net got metallic 8s, the north and south medallions got pearls!)
- did not add any of the brown beads around her tail fin (they looked really out of place)
- replaced red beads in the flowers with similar Delicas so they would actually fit
I think that's all I messed with this time. :p
I've been ordered to get back to work on Floral Fifteen, so I guess that's my next WIP!