Thursday, July 24, 2014

Stitch from Stash - July report!

aka STILL Nothing to Report.

Well, I haven't stitched a thing... even had to drop out of the band sampler round robin I was in, because I've just been too tired to focus on anything recently.  Well, I did stitch a tiny bit on Bluebeard's Princess, but it's not worth a picture.  Everything in my life is happening at a snail's pace these days.

New starts from stash:
- none

WIPs or UFOs worked on:
- Bluebeard's Princess (barely)

Amount spent:
Way way WAY over budget.  Blew through the budget I had saved from previous months, plus this month's budget, plus a lot more.  This was my planned cheat month, and I cheated LIKE A BOSS.  I'm not even going to say how much money I spent, so there.

My cheating came in the forms of:
- Crafty Kitten birthday club
- ABC Stitch shopping visit
- 3 Stitches shopping visit
- Stitch and Frog order

Unfortunately, shopping did nothing to bring back my stitchy bug.  I probably won't buy anything else for the rest of the year because I see no "benefit" to doing so... I just don't care about stitching right now.  It's sad, but I just don't have any motivation to do anything beyond the basics, "thanks" to being so sick for so long.  I'm finally feeling better, but there's still a lot of questions about the whole situation, and I'm tired of everything that seems like "work" or "goals" or "stuff to get done" at the moment.

Sigh.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the mojo is gone. Definitely focus on feeling better and more motivated in general. And maybe we'll see you back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe sooner rather than later. I dragged my stitching to last night's knitting group (I'm such a rebel) and had a pretty good time with it. Not much progress, but it was nice to just get out of the house and do something normal/usual for a while. Hmm. :)

      Delete
  2. I find my motivation goes up and down with these - I think that it'll come back with time and giving yourself a chance to relax and get over life's hurdles. That's my view on it anyway. Hi by the way, my first time commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liv, thanks for commenting! :) I think you're right, I just need to give things time... my "normal" life isn't back to normal yet, so I can't expect the stitchy life to be there yet either. I do find myself more interested in browsing other blogs and finish pictures lately, so maybe it's coming back soon. I even stitched a bit this morning, and it felt fun instead of like an obligation.

      Baby steps... :)

      Delete
    2. Was so happy to see your latest post - glad it's coming back.

      Delete
  3. Stitching will wait until you're ready for it again. Would love to see what you bought. Still laughing at you shopping like a boss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I followed your blog today after noticing that your needle shops are the same as mine. I live about an hour southeast of there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hey Margie, nice to meet you. :D I'm southwest of the shops, so we're not exactly neighbors, but pretty close! :)

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)