I think this was done about a week ago, but things have been so hectic I haven't even had a chance to post. Kitty had to have additional surgery, but is finally home for good and doing much better!
This orchid has been cursed for me. I started it around the time Loki started having problems, and I finished it just as he was finally, for real, not-gonna-die recovering. All that stress was stitched into this piece, and while I wouldn't say I frogged as much as I stitched, I definitely ripped out at least 25% of all the stitching on this piece (then restitched it, of course) because of stupid mistakes.
This is the sort of project that I'd normally finish in less than a month. It took me almost two, between all the ripping and the general lack of motivation. Once I sat my butt down, it got done quickly, despite all the frogging.
I have mixed feelings about this piece because of the outside circumstances I had to deal with while stitching it. It's beautiful, but I was ready to set it on fire a few times. There were literal tears over some of the frogging sessions, and I think I threw it across the room at least once when I got YET ANOTHER knot in my silk. (And Waterlilies usually don't knot on me... that's how I knew I was stitching badly!)
Well, I guess I'll shut up and let you look at it. :)
Stitched on 32ct Belfast by Picture This Plus - color Aerial. Man, I love me some PTP! I'm tempted to get another FQ of this color but I'm not going to... gotta use what I have first, instead of hoarding!
Hopefully I can blog more often now that Loki is doing better. What a doofus.