Saturday, December 28, 2013

last goals update of 2014!

First up, monthly goals. :)

December's goals were:
- finish Butterfly Garden (almost there!!) - YES!
- make visible, significant progress on a WIP - YES! (Bluebeard's Princess & Transcendence)
- no new starts! - NO! (three new starts, but finished two of them!)
- no shopping unless it's with money earned from online sales (FOTM doesn't count!) - YES!

I'm not going to put "no new starts" on my goal lists anymore.  It's been good for me to take a break from my large WIPs and stitch a small project.  I've done more stitching this year than ever before, and it's because I allowed myself the satisfaction of starting and finishing a small project now and then.  I'll try not to start any HUGE projects on a whim, though!

The new start that I'm carrying over from this month is Hope by Brooke Nolan.  This was a design I intended to start almost exactly two years ago for crazy January 2011!  When I dropped out of the challenge, she got stuffed back into the pile of kits and stayed there forever after.  It's time to start stitching the stuff on my bucket list when I'm in the mood!

Here's Hope!  First pic is my tiny progress, second is what she'll look like finished!


January's goals are:
- finish stitching on Bluebeard's Princess (removed Jan 12)
- finish part 2 of Spring Knotgarden (added Jan 12)
- finish Hope
- start and complete half of Floral Fifteen (for Just Nan SAL)
- keep spending to $25 or less (for Stitch from Stash)

That's a lot, mainly because of Bluebeard's Princess since there's still a LOT of skin and most of her tail to go, but a challenge is good. :)  I'll save the beading for next month to give myself a bit of a break!

Here's the fish princess so far:


She looks pretty creepy with just half her face stitched!  And those lips are scary without the backstitch around them, so I think I'll finish her face next so I'm not freaked out by the weird splotches of color. :)

Next post will be a biggie about 2014 stitchy plans!  Stay tuned. :p

8 comments:

  1. Your WIPs are gorgeous! Great progress! You inspired me to join the Stitch from Stash SAL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And glad to hear it, I think the SAL will be a big success. :) I've needed to cut down for a while and I think it will be the perfect motivator.

      Delete
  2. Great goals for January - good luck with them. Hope 2014 is a great year for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New year! Great goals for January! I'm going to start doing goals again....especially as I was one of the original people to set monthly goals I should keep up with it!

    Your WIPs look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress and nice goals for January. Have an amazing 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 out of 4 is a fantastic effort for your December goals. Good luck with them all in 2014. We'll be watching LOL!!

    Alicia xo

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some gorgeous pieces there. And I've never seen Hope before, she's beautiful! Where is she from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zeb, isn't she awesome? Hope is from the Sep/Oct 2011 issue of Just Cross Stitch :D

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)