December's goals were:
- finish Butterfly Garden (almost there!!) - YES!
- make visible, significant progress on a WIP - YES! (Bluebeard's Princess & Transcendence)
- no new starts! - NO! (three new starts, but finished two of them!)
- no shopping unless it's with money earned from online sales (FOTM doesn't count!) - YES!
I'm not going to put "no new starts" on my goal lists anymore. It's been good for me to take a break from my large WIPs and stitch a small project. I've done more stitching this year than ever before, and it's because I allowed myself the satisfaction of starting and finishing a small project now and then. I'll try not to start any HUGE projects on a whim, though!
The new start that I'm carrying over from this month is Hope by Brooke Nolan. This was a design I intended to start almost exactly two years ago for crazy January 2011! When I dropped out of the challenge, she got stuffed back into the pile of kits and stayed there forever after. It's time to start stitching the stuff on my bucket list when I'm in the mood!
Here's Hope! First pic is my tiny progress, second is what she'll look like finished!
January's goals are:
- finish part 2 of Spring Knotgarden (added Jan 12)
- finish Hope
- start and complete half of Floral Fifteen (for Just Nan SAL)
- keep spending to $25 or less (for Stitch from Stash)
That's a lot, mainly because of Bluebeard's Princess since there's still a LOT of skin and most of her tail to go, but a challenge is good. :) I'll save the beading for next month to give myself a bit of a break!
Here's the fish princess so far:
She looks pretty creepy with just half her face stitched! And those lips are scary without the backstitch around them, so I think I'll finish her face next so I'm not freaked out by the weird splotches of color. :)
Next post will be a biggie about 2014 stitchy plans! Stay tuned. :p