Monday, December 23, 2013

last finishes of the year?

The title says it all!  I don't think I'll be able to finish anything else before the end of the year, since my remaining projects are all monstrous. :)

First up, a cute little JBW designs kit, Bluebird of Happiness.  There's a matching design and mini bag with drawstring top that I'd like to get eventually.  We saw it at the LNS but the rick rack trim on the front was messed up, almost like it had been melted by ironing!  Since it's a pricey doodad, I wasn't going to pick it up in anything less than perfect condition, so it stayed at the store.  Boo.

This little bag is for small goodies and will be nice for toting around scissors and other small notions.  It was tough to stitch on since the bag is pre-assembled but it came out nice. :)


Next, my BIG finish for the weekend, my first ever big knitting project!  It's Taygete by Romi Hill and we are seriously not going to talk about how long it took me to make this. :p




Okay, I'll give you a hint.  It took me a MONTH to do the picot bind off.  In my defense, I really only knit when we go to our weekly knitting group (so about 2 hours per week) but still!  Slow, I haz it.

At least it was finished just in time to wear to our anniversary dinner last night. :)

I'll be posting more before the end of the year... just not any finishes. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Both lovely projects! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are lovely. Sounds cliched but Bluebird of Happiness really is quite happy inspiring XD
    I will be sharing my last finish for 2013 tomorrow, but I'm going to continue stitching on my BAP. Fingers crossed I'll have it done early next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is your BAP Tree of Hope? I stitched that one, it's gorgeous when it's done. I'm sure you'll get it done quickly, from what I saw on your blog you were almost there. :D

      Delete
  3. Lovely finishes! Bluebird of Happiness is very cute and I love the colours in your shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bluebird of Happiness is beautiful! Love your knitting too - the lacy part looks so delicate!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)