Monday, December 02, 2013

December goals & an ornament teaser!

Whoops, forgot to do this over the long weekend...

November's goals were:
- finish Mermaid Azure - YES!
- make visible, significant progress on one of my other WIPs - YES!
- no new starts except for TW ornament exchange - YES!
- no shopping unless it's with money earned from online sales (FOTM doesn't count!) - YES!

Wow, I met all my goals.  Probably a world first. :p

December's goals are:
- finish Butterfly Garden (almost there!!)
- make visible, significant progress on one of my other WIPs
- no new starts!
- no shopping unless it's with money earned from online sales (FOTM doesn't count!)

So really, the same stuff as last month, but with a new project to finish!  I'm not sure what my next focus will be after Butterfly Garden.  I have Bluebeard's Princess in that category for now, but I might want to dig out one of my older WIPs for some love.

Kind of want to do more on a Chatelaine... I was doing really well on my little dragonflies until I started having trouble fitting all the beads.  All I need to do is leave out one or two in the long rows (columns fit without any problem) but that will mean some undoing of the huge row that's already there.  Maybe I'll leave that for later and just continue with the rest of the stitching.

To make this post less boring, here's a picture of an ornament I made for a Teresa Wentzler FB group.  Unfortunately you only get to see the back since my partner hasn't received it yet! :p


Also mulling over some ideas for 2014 stitching.  I want to work from my stash next year and keep new purchases to a minimum... I've finally figured out that trying to keep up with all the pretty new releases is a fool's game!  There are so many amazing things already in my stash, and they're all being neglected in favor of shiny new toys.  My spending on crafty stuff has been out of control for a long time, and that needs to stop.

I thought about doing a group or challenge (with a catchy name like Stitch Your Stash 2014!) but I don't know if I want to commit to hosting anything.  I'd JOIN something for sure, though...

7 comments:

  1. How about the Crazy January Challenge where you make a new start for the first 15 days of the year then try to finish them all by the end? Or Turtle Trot SAL? Well done on achieving all your goals for November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely don't want CJC, I tried that one year and almost went batty. :D I love the idea of the challenge and it's fun to watch everyone's progress, but it's not for me. I get attached to a project and moving on after one day kind of makes me sad. I'm weird. :)

      If you could ship me a nice fresh kick in the pants to get my current WIPs done, I'll gladly take that!

      Delete
  2. I would be interested in a Stash stitch along as well. Let me know if you find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I saw a blog post from someone else who was thinking of starting something, but I can't find it now! I'm going to have to look more carefully. It was only from a few days ago so it can't be too far back in my list... hmm.

      Delete
  3. The Stitch Your Stash SAL is totally something I'd be interested in running. If you manage to find the post that suggested it, though, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://epicstitching.blogspot.com/2013/12/stitch-from-stash-2014-join-now.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)