Friday, November 29, 2013

maybe this weekend?

I don't know, maybe I can get another finish over the weekend.  Butterfly Garden is down to just two flowers left (one partially done already) and only two over-one insects if I counted correctly.  I added about one whole flower and four over-one bugs today, so it seems like a reasonable goal for the next two days!

I had to move the q-snap so here are some full pictures:

Okay, the sunflowers are missing the french knots from their centers... but those will get done last.

I haven't decided what I'm going to stitch under the house.  It's charted for the designer's initials and the year, but I'm not sure if I want to put my initials or something else there.  Long story short, I hate my name and I don't use it anywhere except at work and with my family & in-laws.  Basically, only formal-ish situations.  But it would be weird to put my nickname there.  I dunno.  Maybe I'll just put "LOVE" or something.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

remember Butterfly Garden?

Probably not, because I haven't posted about it since July.  But I'm finally creeping up on a finish, so it's time for a picture!  I didn't want to unroll the fabric or take it off the q-snaps, so as a reminder, this is what the completed project looks like:

And here's where I am.  Just finished the verbena, which means I have only three flowers left!

Yes, I'm aware that this is probably the worst picture I've ever taken for this blog.  It's dark in here, so I had to use the flash, and that always looks terrible.  Blah.  The colors aren't quite as washed out in real life.

I think I'm going to make this my focus until I finish it.  This poor thing has dragged on so long and I'd really like it done before the TWO YEAR mark.  Ugh.  That's pretty bad for me...

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

four and a half hours of beading...

That's how long it takes to bling out Mermaid Azure.

Please excuse the terrible pictures, she's hot off the qsnap and hasn't been ironed. Not really sure HOW I'm going to iron her with all the bling, especially the larger crystals.  I guess I'll figure it out!

She's stitched on Belfast Uplifting Currents from Under the Sea Fabrics.  I used most of a FQ because I was paranoid about sizing, but she'd actually fit on a fat eighth with plenty of room.  Gotta get another piece of that fabric... it's so pretty. :D

Time for Bluebeard's Princess to get some love! ♥♥♥

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

October goals & new November goals!

I always forget about these!

Here were my goals for October:

- finish Mermaid Azure - NO but almost there!
- make visible, significant progress on one of my other WIPs - YES, finished my Halloween sampler!
- no new starts, seriously, I can't have this many WIPs :( - YES
- make good progress on Rachel's L&L Morning Song and return it to her :) - YES
- no shopping unless it's with money earned from online sales (FOTM doesn't count!) - YES
- have a giveaway :D - YES

I did spend quite a bit on my first Crafty Kitten order, but I paid myself back with money earned from online sales, so that's a success. :)  And I came very close to finishing my Mermaid Azure, but I challenged myself to finish my Spooky Halloween Sampler in time for the holiday and that took most of my stitching time.


So, new goals for November:

- finish Mermaid Azure
- make visible, significant progress on one of my other WIPs
- no new starts except for TW ornament exchange
- no shopping unless it's with money earned from online sales (FOTM doesn't count!)

Mermaid Azure should be a quick finish for me, I just need to finish her tail fin and do the beading.  My next focus WIP will be either Bluebeard's Princess or Butterfly Garden.

This is a terrible pic as most of the stitching isn't visible, but this post needed SOMETHING. :p