Wednesday, July 31, 2013

quick updates

I don't have any recent pics of some projects, so here's a quick update...

Butterfly Garden is about half done now.  I was going to work on it for my FB challenge, but I'm still not enjoying it. :(  I have no idea why this is such a struggle for me, it's pretty, I'm just not feeling it.

I ended up working on Bluebeard's Princess instead.  This bitch has a lot of hair. XD

It doesn't look like much, but there's a LOT of different colors in the hair and it's slow going.  Normally that would drive me crazy, but since her hair is basically made up of all my favorite colors, I don't mind so much.

Probably at around 1700-1800 stitches done for my challenge, not bad!

...oops, almost forgot Transcendence.  I think I finished page 4 and moved down onto page 8.  I don't think I finished the top row (about 200 stitches only on page 5) but I hit the edge of my working area and decided to go down instead of moving the q-snap, cuz I'm lazy like that.

Still a sea of green, but I LIKE green.  So there.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

two little finishes!

I'm doing a FB challenge, trying to do 2500 stitches in 9 days, and tackling some older projects to try and rack up the stitch count!  I finished two little Dimensions kits I started last year some time... kind of sad considering it took me about a day on each to get them all done.

Left:  Daydreams White Orchid
Right:  Creative Accents Bell (one of a six-part set I'll finish... some day...)

Now they just need to be finished... the orchid gets popped in a simple frame that came with the kit, and the bells become a little ornament.

I also put some stitches into my Mirabilia Bluebeard's Princess, but I don't have a pic right now.  Maybe tomorrow. :)  Her hair has some crazy color changes but it looks soooo good.

Between the two kits and the progress on mermaid hair, I think I have at least 1000 stitches!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

I am a machine

Another finish. :p

Without flash on the left, with flash on the right.  Neither looks as nice as the real thing, of course.

Now maybe I'll actually work on something I'm supposed to finish...

Saturday, July 13, 2013

another little finish!

Got some silks from Thread Pickerz in a FB event and I just had to try them out as soon as they arrived!  I stitched a little bird freebie on a sample piece of PTP Sand Belfast with color #42, Life, the Universe, and Everything. (Get it???)

It's hard to tell but the thread is a jewel-toned rainbow that uses dark brown as the base color between the different shades.  It looks MUCH more awesome in real life than it does in this picture, even after heavy color correction and other editing.  Blah!  I'll have to get more of this color, it is AWESOME.

Sorry, I have no idea what this freebie is called or even where I found it.  It was just sitting in my Dropbox with the rest of my random freebies and it was the first monochrome I found, so I stitched it.

Saturday, July 06, 2013

shells by the seashore

All finished!  Well, finished as charted... it will take quite a bit more work to convert this to a needlebook as planned.  But let me enjoy a finish anyway. ;)

I'm a little tired of stitching over one on 32 count, but you can't deny that it looks pretty good!

Thursday, July 04, 2013

um, I forgot someone

Oh, right, I never posted a pic of the PR mermaid SAL!  Here's part one all finished.

She's stitched on PTP Calypso Belfast.  The color isn't quite as bright as it appears here, but it is a nice and intense blue.  Part two is out already and I've started it as well, there's just not much to show yet, and there really won't be even when I finish because I'm saving the beading for the end.

Okay, done posting for today. ;)

falling behind...

I've been playing a lot of video games from my teenage years lately, so I haven't been stitching much!  I did finish up the cute Sweetheart Tree fob I made to match my sampler, and I started on the next piece in the set.  I think I'll make it into a needlebook since the one we already have is getting pretty full!

As you can see, the fob is NOT assembled yet. ;)

And you can see the beginning of the needlebook on the right side of this picture.  It's all the same motifs as the other two pieces I've stitched, so I'm getting a little bored with it, but since it's quick to stitch I don't think I'll lose interest.

The last piece in the set is a little kit I don't have yet... hoping the LNS can get it for me. :)

It's nice to take a break from my larger projects.  As long as I finish all the little ones I start, I think I'll keep throwing them into the rotation so I can enjoy the feeling of accomplishment. :)