Friday, May 18, 2012

rumors of my demise...

...may turn out to be accurate, if this stupid fever doesn't go away!

I haven't posted in ages (since the last IHSW, eep!) because I've been distracted by shiny video games - WoW and Diablo 3, I'm looking at YOU - and I was doing some stitching for an exchange.  No fun showing what's been made before the giftee receives it, right?

Well, all has been received safely, so now I can show everyone. :3

TWIN BOOKMARKS HAVE APPEARED! :))))



Since there's daffodil and lily of the valley, I made flower beaded charms to go at the top of each bookmark.  They're attached with some chain and a large jump ring is folded up inside.  It's pretty clever.  Of course, that means I didn't think of it.  My wifey did. :p

  
The pretty fabric is Polstitches Spring linen, rinsed until no more dye came out... I didn't like the linens I got from PS because they were so dark and I fiddled with a bunch of them.  I was sad that all the yellow in this fabric was lost, but it turned out to be a great softly colored background for the flowers. :)



And one last picture before they were parted...


I'm going to have to make one for myself!  It was hard to pack them up and send them away.

Tomorrow I'll post with what I received in return. :D

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful bookmarks! Glad you're back:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, how lovely! Congrats on finishing the most gorgeous bookmarks I've ever seen! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for the pretty bookmark and other goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I love pretty bookmarks. I'm one of those old-fashioned folks that like to read real books instead of tablet screens. Turning a page is a wonderful thing.

    I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful, Rahenna. I love the Lily of the Valley one especially. They're one of my fave spring flowers (mostly because they smell sooooooo good). Where did you find the pattern for that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I forgot to say I'm glad you're feeling better somewhat. I was distracted by the beauty of your creations, lol. So it's all your fault!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Those are stunning bookmarks! I'm sure whoever you sent them to will cherish them!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)