The first part of Octopus Treasure Cave was released yesterday! I hopped right to it and managed a measly 1/4 of the border, not counting the beaded or blackwork areas. :) It doesn't look like much yet, but I'll keep going today.
Sorry for the awful picture, it's too early for a daylight photo and the flash washed things out a bit.
This is being done on PTP Phantom with a special thread conversion known as "the stuff I already had." I did order a few threads but I'd say about 85% is from stash. Go me. :)
I must say that working on dark fabric has been an experience! I spent a lot of time obsessively counting and frogging at first, but I seemed to get the hang of it later on. My greatest fear is that things won't line up once I get back around to the beginning.... :p
Not sure that working this on the scroll frame is a good idea as the tension isn't that great and I really need the fabric taut so I can find the holes more easily. Plus I'm getting a serious crick in my neck from being hunched over so I can see the light I put behind the fabric! I might put this on the ol' q-snap for a while. Might need to get a 14" square snap so I can do the entire thing on it like a cheater. :)
Back to work!