Tree of Hope is finally finished! I just attached the last of the beads. :)
I didn't stitch the floral motif under the bumblebee for two reasons:
- The LNS cut my fabric too small for it to fit comfortably, despite me clearly specifying 2 free inches on each side. :x
- There's nothing else that low on the design, so I thought it might look unbalanced anyway.
Here's the full piece, followed by some detail shots. I don't think I've seen this design completed before, so hopefully this will be interesting for everyone. :) All can be clicked to enlarge!
- add more orange beads to the lotus flower in the tree
- remove all mint green beads from the treetop (fill with Waterlilies 226 Seaglass)
- remove all light blue beads in the tree immediately above the bird (fill with logical tree color)
- make flower motifs on the left/right symmetrical (I did this as they are slightly asymmetrical on the chart, which looks sloppy/unbalanced)
- change flower bud in center of tree trunk to look more like a bud and less like a letter Y :p
I may still go back and take out the light blue beads above the bird. I have no idea what they're supposed to represent. The ones on the right could be an extension of the wing, but as for the columns of beads above the bird... why are those there? My gut was to stitch that area and I should have gone with it.
But for now I'll just bask in the glory of the largest project I've ever finished. :)