Friday, December 30, 2011

progress on Chelsea

Ah, yes, did I forget to mention that's the name of my current WIP?  Well, now you know. :p  It's coming along nicely though I've slowed down now because of the specialty stitches.  Couching is very pretty but also a pain in the you-know-what!

I'm working on the empty boxes near the shells now.  The stitch here is plaited herringbone, which looks AMAZING but takes forever to do since it uses three strands of DMC and I have to be careful not to bring the needle up between the threads that are already there.  I've been using a pin to push the existing threads out of the way and that seems to be working.  It took me a few episodes of old school Doctor Who (I'm talking black and white, first Doctor stuff!) to complete the block you see on the right.


And here's a closeup!  There will be beads in the very center once it's done, but I'll finish up the other three blocks before adding anything that might snag my precious threads. :p


I was hoping to squeeze this in as a final 2011 finish, but I think this may end up as the first finish of 2012 instead... unless one of the small Crazy January projects gets done on the day I start it!

Oh, and Randi is having a nice giveaway on her blog for reaching over 100 followers!  Check it out!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh... that's GORGEOUS! Love the colors in it. At first I thought it was a random Chatelaine! It kind of has that vibe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I actually said that to myself as I was working on it since it has that four-sided repeat thing going on, especially with those four panels on the sides.

    I should be working on another one of those right now, actually... :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely, I really like those herringbone panels in the edges

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow it is looking so lovely..
    happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job on this! It's gorgeous! I've thought of doing this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful progress... those colours are gorgeous. I can't wait to see it as it gets bigger.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)