Sunday, September 19, 2010

two completed ornaments

Finished my two latest ornaments today with lots of help from my girlfriend. She has a LOT more patience than I do when it comes to fussy details!

Annnnd that's all I have for today. :p

Just kidding. My girlfriend just finished the lazy daisies on her Sorceress (Dimensions) kit after much nagging from me. XD

Saturday, September 18, 2010

finishes & RR progress!

Finished my JBW star ornament from the JCS issue yesterday. It's a cute little guy and was very quick to stitch. I modified the pattern a bit because it wasn't completely symmetrical for some strange reason, and I'm totally anal about stuff like that. :p

click here for full size! :D

Got in some good progress on Measi's Magical Night (Teresa Wentzler) for the first round robin! I finished the moon, added the swirls on the sleigh, and filled in some other areas, mostly around the swirls and the gold below. Also did some backstitching. I'm not done yet - still have about a month to go with this one - but I thought I'd take a scan now so I can see how I progress over the next few weeks. :3

click here for full size! :D

And my girlfriend finished her Mermaids (Country Cottage Needleworks) project today as well! It's really cute with all the specialty threads. I was hoping we could frame it right away, but the frame we have is too tall even though it's the right width. Poop. Now it has to go in the box with the growing stack of finished pieces. Oh well, now we'll be able to get it framed in white as shown on the chart...

click here for full size! :D

Sunday, September 12, 2010

another ornament!

Finished a second ornament, same one as before, only this one's in pink. Well, it's not really finished, but I finished the stitching and will assemble it in the next couple of days and get it out to my friend Mab. :3

click here for full size! :D

Already working on the cute JBW star ornament from the JCS ornament issue. It's coming along quite nicely even though it's my first time stitching over one. No picture yet, unfortunately, I figure a progress picture for something that takes only a couple of hours is kind of lame. XD