Monday, September 25, 2017

Flight of Freedom - update #1

Okay, you'll have to pretend this is a decent picture (it's not) and imagine the background fabric as a nice pale blue.


I started in the center and worked my way up the eagle's wing to reach the sky, which is all half stitches. It's going relatively quickly - this is about eight hours of work - but the sheer magnitude of this project is kind of depressing.

To put it in perspective, this is basically a full coverage project of around 200x250 stitches. I have a few HAED mini charts in my stash that are around 225x325 stitches, or about 1.5 times as many stitches total. And those are images I actually like.

The only thing saving this project is that it's nice blocks of solid color, for the most part. And the sky is very pretty with all those sunset colors.

Trying to resist the urge to pick up something new, because my two main projects right now are this and the endless hell of skin on Renaissance Mermaid. Sigh. :(

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you're not enjoying working on this project.
    You have made such impressive progress, at this rate it will be finished in no time!
    Keep stitching, you're going to make someone so happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A labour of love indeed! I think it looks so pretty. Keep stitching and posting regular updates and we'll cheer you on to a finish.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)