Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Cirque des Carreaux - update #4

Update time! Spent a couple of days on Cirque des Carreaux and it's looking great!

Before and after:



Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a good picture of the thread color, but trust me when I say it's beautiful in person. It's the recommended thread (Carrie's Creations in Epiphany) but I'm using the silk, and I suspect the model project for the photo was done in cotton, because my thread is a lot darker and richer than the cover photo. Which is a good thing, I love it!

Oh, and this is 40 count linen, so I'm only using one strand of thread, which works really nicely with vareigated threads. No worrying about the two threads ending up misaligned somehow. That always happens to me, they end up off a little bit as I work. Annoying. :p

Anyway, this is most of pages 1 and 2 of the pattern, with a bit of page 4 starting to appear near the bottom left. I'll probably continue working down page 4 next time. :)

5 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful already and the thread colours are really pretty and work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those threads are gorgeous! What a beautiful design. Variegated threads always do that to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely design and perfect for variegated threads. The colour looks gorgeous on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design, the variegation of the thread is really coming through!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)