Friday, April 21, 2017

quick update post!

Not much to say since I haven't been doing a lot of stitching, but there's still some visible progress which makes me pretty happy. :)


First, the Fibery Friends Sampler by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. The camera didn't pick up the colors very well, but the fabric is a little brighter in person. For some reason you can really see the thread trails between letters in this pic, but I swear it's not this bad in real life. Maybe it's due to stitching on 28ct evenweave which feels like it has big holes? I dunno.


And I finally caught up on the Beautiful Sea Quaker SAL... just in time for a new part to be released! I'm happy, though, I've really enjoyed stitching this despite the problem with inadequate threads in the kit and the obvious difference in dye lot. I'm leaving it this way. Good enough. :p


Also, is anyone else getting this annoying problem when you try to make a new post or edit any of the pages on your blog? It says "loading" forever at the top and nothing on the page is editable... until you get annoyed and reload, and in that split second before it actually reloads, then the text boxes turn white, etc. I have to reload a billion times to get it to work, and god forbid I make a post and want to go back and edit out a typo or something. *eyeroll*

Yeah, yeah, free blogging platform and such, but I expect things to perform their basic functions...

8 comments:

  1. The fibery friends piece is super cute. I love the little llama and sock. I have had the loading problem a bit last week but I just closed out the browser and it fixed itself.

    My blog is http://crossstitchempire.blogspot.ca/ if you want to check out my projects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem keeps happening for me... I think it's been going on for a few months now. Maybe I could try a different browser and see if that helps at all.

      Awesome, I followed your blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Both your pieces are so lovely! Did you alter the two people to look like you and your wife? Or is that just how I imagine you to look?
    I've not had that issue with Blogger but I had the one where it duplicated every post I edited and saved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Oh man, I didn't even think of doing that with the two characters on the sampler! It's stitched as charted, but now I'm tempted to make some changes. I wonder if changing the hair colors to blonde and black would still look good with the color scheme. Hmm. :)

      I had the duplicate error happen once or twice too! Weird.

      Delete
  3. I think the Beautiful Sea SAL project is really pretty. and Fiber Friends Sampler is really cute - this is the first time I have seen this, and I really like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. The SAL sampler is so pretty and fiber friends looks like a fun project too.
    I haven't encountered this problem yet... Just hope things will sort themselves out. I can imagine it to be frustrating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The SAL sampler is so pretty..and i love your projects so much.
    sending you love and smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery designs are so cute! Hope you manage to get your blogger problems sorted out, that kind of thing drives me insane!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)