Friday, March 24, 2017

Cirque des Carreaux - update #1

Here's the promised new start, Cirque des Carreaux by Ink Circles! As usual, the colors are kind of off, so I'll try to get a better shot next time.


Somehow it looks like a small start in this picture, but it's actually quite a bit. The center of the pattern is where the point of the doubled square comes in on the right side, and the small squares at the top are the top edge of the chart. Not quite half of page two (out of six total), I think, but still a pretty decent start!

As far as details go, I'm stitching on 40ct linen (not sure of the color but it's a solid) and using one strand of Carrie's Creations silk in the color Epiphany. It's the exact color called for on the chart but I suspect the model was stitched in cotton because it's very different from the cover photo, much darker and richer. I prefer my version, thankfully!

I may work on this one straight through to a finish. We'll see. :)

7 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful thread. I'm glad it isn't darker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pretty piece. I look forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo, I'm going to enjoy watching this grow! Great thread choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your progress on your sea themed stitching and this new one is fantastic. I love the color in this design!!! Happy stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're off to a great start! It is a lovely design and I am looking forward to seeing grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! You got off to a great start too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)