Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Beautiful Sea Quaker - update #3

I keep forgetting to post this one! This is mostly complete up through part 12, with some of the motifs that are split across multiple parts not started, since I'll do those when I can stitch them all at once and not worry about parking a bunch of threads. :3


Sorry about the overexposed and oversharpened picture. I don't know what's up with my wife's phone camera, but it always messes up pictures of stitching. It's totally fine for other types of photos. I guess it has something to do with the level of detail or the weave of the fabric? Weird.

Also, sorry for not responding to any comments or leaving any on other blogs in a while. Things have been kind of crazy at home and I can't keep to my usual routine at this time. Next week should be back to business as usual, though. :)

Next post will feature a new start! Whee!

9 comments:

  1. Your Ships Manor SAL looks gorgeous. Love the colourful octopus :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching. Hope you get more time for it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! Fabric & thread colours are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take any credit for the beautiful thread colors, they're the recommended Ship's Manor threads. I'm really happy with them, especially the orange with hints of pink! Such a fun design. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful stitching! Nice job keeping up with it as well, I'm so bad at that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I love the colors. Great job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful piece. I love all the different colors. I wonder what it is about cameras and stitching - mine never come out the way I would like them too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on this piece. I would prefer to complete each motif within each part though, especially with variegated threads.
    I have been struggling to get good photos of green fabrics recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing because of the variegated threads. I don't want to risk color pooling or any lines between parts. :3

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)