Saturday, October 01, 2016

Smalls SAL & monthly goals!

Going to roll a couple of posts into one to save some space! :)

First up, the 2016 Smalls SAL hosted by Heather of Stitching Lotus. I didn't quite manage to completely finish my small in September, but I just finished it up tonight, and that's pretty close! Here is the ninth Bride's Tree Ornament by Brooke's Books.


Er, that's an awful picture, I know, but it's late here and the lighting in my house isn't all that great (except the stitchy lighting, of course!) so use your imagination. :) As always, no beads have been attached, I'm going to add them all at the very end once all twelve ornaments are done.

~~~

Now, goals! Here's what I had for September:

- blog about progress once a week - YES!
- blah blah Ghost Story progress blah (possible finish?) - YES, finished!
- NO craft/stash shopping - YES!
- and a stretch goal: finish Wintry Blooms Biscornu - YES!

I think it's safe to say I'm fairly pleased with myself! And Solo September hosted by Justine was a big success for me - I finished four projects! Well, technically three, but let's pretend I finished this ornament yesterday as planned, okay? :p

So here are my October goals:

- blog about progress once a week
- finish Bride's Tree Ornament #10
- start/finish at least three other small projects!
- NO craft/stash shopping

I recently went through my entire stash and discovered tons of hidden gems I'd forgotten about, so for the rest of the year, I'm going to work on getting some of those small projects finished! There's no reason for so many cute things to be sitting around gathering dust, when many of them would only take a few days of stitching to complete. So I'm going to shop my stash and use the excitement of fun things I already have to squash the temptation to buy anything new. :3

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I love stash shopping! And you stitch such lovely things, I bet there are some real beauties in your stash.
    I love those Bride's Tree ornaments and this one with teapots is perfect!
    Glad the one at a time stitching helped you to a few finishes - I will be doing it again in the near future I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely join in again! I'm sure I'll be doing the same thing with the smalls I plan to work on for the rest of the year... they're so quick to finish, there's no need to swap between projects. :D

      Delete
  2. I think this is my favorite ornament so far. I love this one. I have really tried to search through my stash. I have so many wonderful things to stitch, I think it is wonderful you have found so many hidden treasures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this one too! We drink a LOT of tea at my house, so this design was such a perfect fit. (I'm drinking tea right now, in fact!)

      Delete
  3. I enjoy reviewing my stash every once in a while--I find the best things! LOL Your teapot is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish. Well done on your September goals! Best of luck with your Oct list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finish and congrats on meeting your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Bride's ornament is so very pretty, Rahenna. Good luck with achieving your October goals.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)