Monday, September 05, 2016

Solo September Success!

Oops. I was a little too successful. Ghost Story is all finished!

These pictures were taken with my wife's phone, which tends to overexpose the lighter colors, so I'll try taking more photos with my own camera later. Those will be blurry but probably a little truer to the actual colors. :)


However, the brightness of the camera really brings out the color of the fabric!


I'll have to take a closer photo of her face. There was a lot of fussing to get her eyes just right, and I also changed the "darker" skin color to one that actually contrasts with the "lighter" one! I did end up adding a sketchy outline of an ear too, but I didn't do anything super detailed for it. I can't draw well and especially not ears!


So, she's mostly stitched as charted, with a few small changes:

- used whatever I had on hand that was close enough for metallic threads and beads
- changed darker skin color to 945
- backstitched skin in 840
- changed a few purple stitches on her bust to white (they looked like nipples, haha)

And she's stitched on Haunted Belfast by Picture This Plus - not only the perfect color, but also the perfect color name!

Next up to be conquered: Wintry Blooms Biscornu!
And no, I still don't have a picture! Next time. :)

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Happy Dance, so early in the month.
    I'm sure she appreciates her ear and her modesty stitches too!
    I love the strings of beads and the fabric is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous finish! She is just so pretty, and I think she benefits from that ear.
    Enjoy the Faby Reilly design, they really are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Can't wait to see your biscornu project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations!!!
    She looks spook-tacular - Sorry, I had to type this one ;)
    I can't wait to see your FR biscornu.
    I did the Halloween purse last year, I was really fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on an excellent finish. Love the fabric choice you made. Best of luck with the next project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks beautiful... Congrats on the finish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish! Now on to the biscornu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your spirits woman's so great. Elegant and mystical. Madness have incorporated as many beads you and how fast you have embroidered back. I'm excited.

    Your Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on an earlier than expected finish! Great to know the details as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the awesome finish! She looks great.
    I ordered some Haunted fabric from the PTP Christmas in July sale. I'm so looking forward to it (whenever my order gets shipped anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ghost Story is absolutely stunning. I can't say I've seen her anywhere else before. Perfect colour fabric too. Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)