Friday, June 03, 2016

Etude aux Fraises ~ juicy strawberry!

Got a bit burned out on my monthly SALs, so I decided to start something new from my yearly goals and bucket list - Etude aux Fraises by Veronique Enginger. I'm stitching on cream Belfast, but the photo is pulling a little bit pink and I don't feel like opening Photoshop to fix it, so imagine. :)


And here's what the final project will look like (which is a far more accurate represention of the color of my fabric and threads!):


So this is a relatively small start for now, but since I've been more focused on writing than stitching lately, I won't complain too much. And it's nice to stitch something with plain DMC rather than worrying about variegated threads. :)

Unfortunately, the chart is in color, which is making it hard for me to keep my place (I like highlighting on a b&w chart) but it's not bad since there aren't too many colors in this design.

Not sure what my next update will be... probably more strawberries, though!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design and great start!! I love VE's designs. Have fun working on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her designs are so simple and elegant! I'm really enjoying it. :)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful stitch! I'm looking forward to seeing more of this elegant design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great project. I love Véronique Enginger's designs a lot but hadn't seen this one before. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)