Sunday, May 01, 2016

Bride's Tree Ornament #4: Hope (in progress!) & goals!

It's been ages since my last post, so even though I haven't made as much progress as I'd hoped for, I think it's time for an update!

I haven't stitched all that much in the past couple of weeks (been focusing on writing lately!) but I have made a good amount of progress on the next Bride's Tree ornament.


I'm going to run out of the brown before I can finish all the soil at the bottom, so it looks like a trip to the LNS is in order soon. I want to be able to look at the threads and pick the one that matches the current dye lot the best, so mail order isn't going to cut it this time.

Still struggling a bit to keep up with my monthly stitching... I have two hardanger SAL charts to work on, and I was hoping to have this ornament finished by the end of April. I have no excuse except that I've been doing everything but stitching during the day. Need to get back in the habit!

Next time... more stitching, I swear!

~~~

Whoops, forgot about monthly goals when I originally posted! Here's what I had for April:

- finish South Seas Mermaid! - YES!
- catch up on the hardanger SAL - no, didn't touch it!
- stitch #3 of the Bride's Tree Ornaments - YES!
- and a stretch goal, stitch #4 of the Bride's Tree Ornaments - halfway done!

And my new goals for May:

- hardanger SAL part 3
- hardanger SAL part 4
- hardanger SAL part 5
- finish Bride's Tree Ornament 4
- finish Bride's Tree Ornament 5

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely design and you're doing so well with the series. You'll have done one a month if you stick to May's targets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's my goal for this and the hardanger SAL! I got majorly sidetracked by South Seas Mermaid, but I'll try to regain some lost ground this month! :D

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)